Institute of Information Technology – Hanoi National University is a member research institute of Vietnam National University, Hanoi, established in 2001. The Institute of Information Technology has a mission to train high-quality experts in Vietnam. doctoral level, participating in undergraduate and postgraduate training in the field of information technology at universities and units affiliated to Vietnam National University, Hanoi; scientific research, application implementation, consulting and technology transfer in the field of information and communication technology in order to contribute to the socio-economic development of the country; training professional skills, fostering and improving science and technology qualifications, popularizing new technologies for domestic and foreign enterprises, units and individuals.The Institute of Information Technology currently has 5 technology research and development units: (1) Database and information systems; (2) Information system security; (3) Network and communication technology; (4) Natural language recognition and processing technology; (5) Multimedia technology and virtual reality. The team of scientists of the Institute of Information Technology is carrying out many research activities, topics and projects at the state, ministerial, VNU and international levels related to important technology issues such as: : data science; artificial intelligence (AI); virtual reality/augmented reality (VR/AR); photo/video processing; safety information; blockchain; Internet of Things (IoT); Embedded System; IC and FPGA design, security design for RFID… Some typical scientific and technological products such as: System of recognition and classification of emotional state of human face; Hardware-software platform solution for a secure IoT device system; The system to advise and support disease diagnosis according to fuzzy computing approach; Software for diagnosing periodontitis on dental X-ray images…The Institute of Information Technology has a close cooperation network with domestic and international universities, research institutes and enterprises of science and technology (USA, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, Malaysia…) . In recent years, scientists of the Institute of Information Technology have deployed many scientific and technological projects and tasks in cooperation with international partners, published many joint scientific works with international scholars. economic.
– Basic research, applied research, technology transfer and development of applied products in the fields of information technology and computational science.
– Doctoral training; coordinate with member universities of Hanoi National University in training master’s degrees in the fields of information technology and computational science; carry out other training and retraining activities according to regulations of the State and Hanoi National University.
– Consulting, consulting and providing information technology services to serve the leadership, management and training activities, scientific research of Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
– Science and technology consulting and services in the fields of information technology and computational science.
1) Scientific research, technology transfer and application product development:
– Implement programs, projects and basic research topics on information technology and computational science.
– Researching, applying, developing and transferring high technologies in the field of information and communication technology; research and develop information technology application products and products to ensure information network security and safety.
2) Training and fostering
– Organizing doctoral training; coordinate with member universities of Hanoi National University in training master’s degrees in the fields of information and communication technology, network security and safety, and computational science.
– Organize short-term career training courses (senior programmers, system analysts); fostering and raising science and technology levels, popularizing new technologies, and using information technology applications.
3) Advising the President of Vietnam National University, Hanoi in the management and provision of information technology services for leadership, management, training and scientific research activities of the University. Hanoi National School; organize research and implementation of information technology application inside and outside Hanoi National University.
4) Providing consulting services, designing, deploying and transferring technology, applying information technology, building technical infrastructure; develop specialized publications on information and communication technology according to the provisions of law.
5) Perform other tasks assigned by the President of Vietnam National University, Hanoi.