Database and Information systems Division
Address: Room 610, House E3, 144 Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Phone: (024) 37547347
Department of Database and Information Systems is responsible for: (1) Deploying activities of scientific research, technology development and application deployment in the field of Database and Information Systems. believe; (2) Implement doctoral human resource training and intensive short-term training in Artificial Intelligence, machine learning and data mining as well as related fields; (3) Performing consulting services and technology transfer in the field of Database and Information systems and digital transformation.
Currently, the Database and Information Systems Department focuses on the following research directions:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning, deep learning
- Data Mining
- Databases, big data
- Processing medical images
- Digital transformation and smart applications
- Ass. Prof. Dr. Vu Viet Vu
- Ass. Prof. Dr. Vu Duc Thi
- Cao Ngoc Anh – PhD student
- Le Hong Lam – PhD student
- Dang Vu Tuan – PhD student
- Nong Minh Ngoc – PhD student
Team of collaborators
- Dr. Nguyen Ha Nam – Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics
- Dr. Tran Doan Vinh
- Nguyen Hai Minh
- Vu Viet Thang
- Mr. Dao Tran Chung
- Mr. Tran Cong Mau
- Le Thi Kieu Oanh
Some outstanding science and technology projects
- Research and propose deep learning and constraint-integrated clustering algorithms
Development of 3D facial expressions and gesture representation techniques for the problem of building virtual attendants (QG.17.43)
Product: Subsystem for grouping facial emotions. Camera image recognition module for application pattern matching in product production and processing.
Need to rewrite, introduce research objectives, content and results.
Some typical scientific works in the last 5 years
- Viet-Vu Vu, Byeongnam Yoon, Cuong Le, Hong-Quan Do, Hai-Minh Nguyen, Tran-Chung Dao, Viet-Thang Vu, Cong-Mau Tran, Doan-Vinh Tran, Tien-Dung Duong, Active learning for density peak clustering, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology (ICACT), 2022.
- Viet-Vu Vu, Byeongnam Yoon, Hong-Quan Do, Hai-Minh Nguyen, Tran-Chung Dao, Cong-Mau Tran, Doan-Vinh Tran, Thi-Nhuong Phi, Viet-Thang Vu, Tien-Dung Duong , Active constraints selection based on density peak, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology (ICACT), 2022.
- Viet-Vu Vu, Byeongnam Yoon, Hong-Quan Do, Hai-Minh Nguyen, Tran-Chung Dao, Cong-Mau Tran, Doan-Vinh Tran, An emperical study for density peak clustering, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology (ICACT), 2022.
- Hong-Quan Do, T.H. An Nguyen, Quoc Anh Nguyen, Trung Hieu Nguyen, Viet-Vu Vu, Cuong Le, A Fast Clustering based Recommender System for Big Data, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology (ICACT), 2022.
- Dinh-Lam Pham, Viet-Vu Vu, Byeongnam Yoon, Kyoung-Sook Kim, Kwanghoon Pio Kim, A Conceptual Architecture for Deep-learning-based Video-Objects Retrieving System, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology (ICACT) , 2022.
- Hong-Quan Do, Thi-Ha Nguyen, Viet-Vu Vu, Thi-Mai Hoang, Hai-Minh Nguyen and T. Thuy-Duong Nguyen, Evaluation of U-Net and Its Variants in Solving Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Segmentation, International Conference on Advanced Computing and Applications (ACOMP), 2021.
- Sergey Avdoshin, Thanh Quyen Bui Thi, Nhich Dam Van, Tien Do Nam, Mariia Gordenko, Egor Gritsenko, Vladimir Muhamadiev, Alexey Nazarov, Ngoc Diep Nguyen, Tien Loi Nguyen, Dmitry Pantiukhin, Ilya Voronkov, Thang Vu Viet, Vu Vu Viet and Thang Vu Tat, Neural networks for rare intrusions detection in wireless networks: survey and perspectives, International Conference Actual Problems of System and Software Engineering (APSSE), 2021.
- Vu-Tuan Dang, Hong-Quan Do, Viet-Vu Vu, Byeongnam Yoon, 2021, Facial expression recognition: A survey and its application, In proceedings of International Conference on Advanced Communication and Technology.
- Vu-Tuan Dang, Viet-Vu Vu, Hong-Quan Do, Thi Kieu Oanh Le, 2021, Semi-supervised graph based clustering and active learning, Journal of Computer Science and Cybernetics.
- Ahmad Ali Abin, Viet-Vu Vu, 2020, A Density-based Approach for Querying Informative Constraints for Clustering, Expert System with Applications, Vol. 161. [ISI, Q1]
- Mahdi Dehghan, Hossein Ali Rahmani, Ahmad Ali Abin, Viet-Vu Vu, 2020, Mining Shape of Expertise: A Novel Approach Based on Convolutional Neural Network, Information Processing and Management, Vol. 57(4) [ISI, Q1].
- Van-Hung Le, Van-Nam Hoang, Hai Vu, Thi-Lan Le, Thanh-Hai Tran, and Viet-Vu Vu, 2020, Hand PointNet-based 3D Hand Pose Estimation in Egocentric RGB-D Images, In Proc. of International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications (ATC).
- Hai Vu, Van Ngoc Duong, and Viet-Vu Vu, 2020, Exploiting the fine-grained similarity of a large-scale rice species using shape motif discovery. Print Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Computing and Communication Technologies (RIVF).